Extractions for Children in Highlands Ranch & Castle Pines
Tooth Extraction Made Simple and Stress-Free
There are many reasons why your child may need a tooth extracted, from orthodontic intervention to infection. Though we do our best to help children keep their natural teeth for as long as possible, our team at Sierk Children’s Dentistry performs gentle and highly skilled tooth extractions for our patients of all ages.
Our staff is experienced and compassionate, and we offer comforting amenities and sedation options to help ease our patients’ nerves and relieve their pain. Dr. Jon makes tooth extractions simple and stress-free for children and their parents!
If you suspect your child may need a tooth extraction, don’t hesitate to give us a call so we can perform a thorough examination.
Common Reasons for a Tooth Extraction
Common reasons for tooth extraction are decay or an infection, but there are many other reasons why Dr. Jon may recommend pulling a tooth. Once Dr. Jon, and our orthodontic partners, carefully evaluate your child’s smile, we can discuss the best course of action for your child’s overall oral health.
Here are seven common reasons why Dr. Jon may recommend a tooth extraction:
- Severe Decay – If left untreated, decay can cause an infection to the gums and bone, making an extraction necessary. Also, removing a decayed primary tooth that’s beyond repair can preserve the permanent tooth’s health, giving your child the chance to have a strong and beautiful smile.
- Tooth Pulp Infection – Extracting an infected tooth may be an ideal option if pulp therapy, or a root canal, isn’t enough to protect the tooth. Removing the tooth can help prevent the spread of bacteria.
- Cracked or Fractured Tooth – We use crowns to repair slightly broken teeth, but teeth that have cracks that reach below the gumline may need to be extracted.
- Impacted Tooth – Sometimes, teeth don’t erupt properly, which can cause them to become impacted and create multiple issues for your child’s smile. That’s why we may recommend removing an impacted tooth.
- Wisdom Teeth – The third molars, also called wisdom teeth, can become symptomatic and may require extraction.
- Preparing for Orthodontics – Sometimes, we remove primary (baby) teeth to make enough space for permanent teeth to come in. If your child’s orthodontist recommends this type of extraction, Dr. Jon can make it fast, simple, and painless.
- Active Orthodontic Care – If a child’s baby teeth are too large, or there are too many, we can remove a tooth or two to make more room in combination with orthodontic care. Having enough space for healthy teeth can also make brushing, flossing, speaking, and eating much easier.
Whatever the reason may be for tooth removal, you can rest assured that Dr. Jon carefully considers every possible alternative before the treatment. In other words, we only extract teeth when it is absolutely necessary!
Compassionate Staff and a Tranquil Setting
Your child’s safety and comfort are very important to us. We work hard to make sure our patients and their parents remain calm, relaxed, and happy. At Sierk Children’s Dentistry, we offer sedation services and comforting amenities—like weighted blankets, quiet rooms, and headphones—to help our patients have a more pleasant experience.
Our on-site anesthesiologists ensure each patient is appropriately monitored when under sedation. We also evaluate and make sure they remain safe during the entirety of the procedure.
Gentle Pediatric Tooth Extractions in Castle Pines
Sierk Children’s Dentistry treats all patients and their families with the utmost kindness, respect, and care. Every child or family member that enters our office can expect the highest quality dental care and individualized attention. Our dental office proudly serves the Highlands Ranch and Castle Pines communities, along with the neighboring areas.
If your child or a family member needs a gentle and stress-free extraction, Dr. Jon Sierk is the pediatric dentist to call. We welcome you to schedule a comprehensive exam today, so we can determine which treatment is best for your loved one.
We look forward to helping your family smile!