Keep Your Smile Bright with Regular Cleanings from Sierk Children’s Dentistry
Professional cleanings are a critical part of oral health. While it’s imperative to teach your child to brush and floss properly at home, it’s equally important to encourage regular visits for routine cleanings. Young children and people with special needs may get anxious about dental cleanings and exams, but without professional intervention, disease and decay develop rapidly.
Have your family receive the preventive care they need with gentle cleanings from Sierk Children’s Dentistry. Call our Highlands Ranch dental practice.
Compassionate Staff in a Well-Equipped Facility
Dr. Sierk is a trained and experienced pediatric dentist. Our team is up-to-date on all the latest developments in children’s dentistry and enjoys establishing strong relationships with all of our young and special needs patients.
With various sedation solutions, we ensure each patient is comfortable and receives treatment quickly and efficiently. Our on-site anesthesiologists help to moderate dosage and create a safe environment.
We also offer many comforting amenities to help your child remain calm. Weighted blankets, quiet rooms, headphones, and televisions provide a comforting distraction during routine cleanings and any other treatment your child may need.
Detect Complications Early with Routine Cleanings and Exams
With regular cleanings and exams, Dr. Sierk can halt the progress of cavities and gum disease before they escalate into more serious oral health concerns. Digital x-rays, provide highly defined images of the teeth without exposure to harmful levels of radiation. We display the pictures on the computer monitor to show parents and patients exactly what areas need to be treated.
When plaque begins to creep beneath the gum line, it’s impossible to remove with simple flossing alone. Only a dental hygienist can thoroughly remove plaque and tartar from hard to reach areas. Polishing the tooth surface and applying re-mineralizing fluoride treatments provides extra protection against decay.
Teeth Cleaning and Dental Hygiene
It is important to us at Sierk Pediatric Dentistry in Highlands Ranch to help our patients acquire good dental hygiene habits while they are young, to keep them healthy for the rest of their lives. What starts with simple dental cleaning routines and professional teeth cleanings every six months in Highlands Ranch, can go on to prevent weakening of bones, lowering risks for certain types of cancer, preventing certain cardiovascular conditions and respiratory infections, and maintaining a brilliant smile for years to come.
Dr. Sierk's Guide to Effective Teeth Cleaning
- At a 45-degree angle, place your toothbrush against your teeth
- Brush gently back and forth in tooth-wide strokes
- Move your brush to cover the chewing surfaces of every tooth, as well as the outer, and inner surfaces for effective teeth cleaning.
- Using the tip of your toothbrush, brush the inner surface of the front of your teeth.
- Replace your brush every three to four months, or if it begins to fray, as a frayed brush won’t do a good job.
- Use an ADA-accepted fluoride toothpaste for dental cleaning and teeth strengthening
- Take about 18 inches of floss and wrap most of the floss around your index finger. As the floss is used, you’ll begin to unwrap this finger to use fresh sections on each gap, while wrapping the used floss around your other index finger.
- Using your thumbs and forefingers, guide roughly one inch of floss between your teeth.
- Gently glide the floss like a saw between your teeth, holding the floss tightly. Then, curving the floss into the shape of a letter “c” against one tooth, slide it beneath your gums.
- Repeat process on each tooth, sliding up and down for effective dental cleaning.
- Contact Dr. Sierk pediatric dentistry in Highlands Ranch if you notice any signs of decay while cleaning teeth.
Call Dr. Sierk for Your Child’s Cleanings
Friendly reminders, convenient scheduling, and our friendly staff make staying up-to-date with your regular exams and cleanings easier. Call our Highlands Ranch dental practice and begin the journey towards optimal oral health today.